Monday, March 2, 2009

Tues March 3: a great big TO DO list

Greetings, snow-bound computer jocks! Today we have several great and meaningful taks in front of us:

A) Well, yeah, you DO have a quiz today about CPUs. I sent you an email yesterday. I told you last Friday. There's been a practice quiz up online since last Thursday. This should be a walk in the park.

B) that happy group of merry adventurers who installed the first CD with utilities and such, AND did a "utilities report" AND got some speakers and sound cards up and running: I have a second install CD for you. It includes a version of Open Office -- which I will ask you to test, to make sure you can create all files of which I believe it to be capable, including its own format and all those of the MS Office type.
this group includes John, Kerry, Hal, Josh

C) Everyone who just finished installing XP: I have a lovely installation CD for you, the first of many. You will need to install all the programs on this CD, and then come to me for further instructions. And of course, if there's enough speakers left over, get them set up as well :-)
this group includes Joe K, Nick V, Mike S, Mike R & Tyler. (Yes, I know two of you could only install Windows 2000; you still get to take this step. I never said life was perfect, and if it was, wouldn't I still have bangs?)

D) Right now, there's only two of you who still haven't quite got your machine setup with at least Win98. But fear not, I may have found some other equipment we can use, so we should have this taken care of before the end of this class. The you can just start referring to the B and C above
this group includes Evan and Jesse

OK, let's do it, let's get it done!
Mr. L

No comments:

Post a Comment